Buying and Selling a Property

Buying a home is still the biggest single transaction most people will make, so you deserve the best quality advice and help.

Buying and selling a property can be stressful. Choose Newtons Conveyancing and you can be sure that we will be working hard on your behalf to achieve a smooth completion.

Usually, a transaction can take between 6-8 weeks from the offer being accepted to completion and the handing over of the keys. During this time we will prepare, review, amend contracts before approving them gathering the deeds and other documents.

When buying a property, it is vital that up-to-date searches are obtained relating to the property and the local area. Official searches are important as they show that the property is good to sell (has clear title).

If you are buying a flat, it is important that you are aware of your obligations to the landlord and management company. We will ensure that you are fully aware.

When selling a property, a sales pack containing the seller’s title, guarantees and property questionnaires will be prepared very early on in the transaction to minimise delay further down the line.


Buying and selling property at auction

Buying a property at auction is a fast process. That speed needs to be maintained throughout the purchase.

To make sure that you are fully prepared for the auction you need as much information about your potential purchase as possible.

A legal pack will be available from the vendor’s solicitor and should contain copies of:

  • Special conditions of sale
  • Title deeds
  • Leases
  • Office copy entries
  • Searches
  • Replies to pre-contract enquiries.
  • These documents should be looked at by a solicitor who will raise any potential queries.


What happens when you buy a property at auction?

Purchase at auction is legally binding. If you are successful, a deposit of 10% is payable at the auction, with the remaining 90% usually payable within 28 days and to a fixed completion date.

Selling a property at auction

Selling a property by auction can be fast and effective but you should still take advice from a solicitor to make sure your sale runs smoothly.

 

Our property team is here to help

Please contact our Residential Property team today and we’ll help you on your way!  We can talk on the phone or arrange a meeting where we can discuss your options and give you a clear idea of timeframes and costs.

Alternatively, please contact us online and we’ll call you back when it’s convenient for you.