Claire Armer is a Director of Newtons Solicitors working across the Company Commercial and Commercial Property Teams.
Claire works with a range of businesses across the region and has a reputation for being down to earth and approachable which makes her popular with clients.
In addition to contributing articles for Newtons’ website, Claire has written articles on a range of commercial topics for the national and local press as well as for specialist legal publications.
Claire’s experience includes:
- Buying and selling companies
- Company administration and compliance; share transfers and company reorganisation
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Commercial agreements e.g. terms and conditions, distribution agreements, franchise agreements and consultancy agreements
IT agreements e.g. service level agreements, software development agreements, shrink-wrap and click-wrap software licences
- Sale and purchase of commercial property
- Acting for Landlord or Tenant of commercial premises on a range of issues including drafting, negotiating and advising upon heads of terms, leases, agreements for lease, rent deposit deeds, assignments, deeds of variations, lease forfeiture, exercise of break clauses and service of section 25 notices
Claire is based in Richmond and also works in our Ripon and Knaresborough offices.